Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Five-Month Birthday, Caleb Luke!

It's hard to believe Caleb is five months old already! Just within the past few weeks, though, he's seeming bigger and bigger and older and older.Caleb can roll now from back to belly and belly to back. He doesn't do it all the time, and I've never seen him do both in a row (making a full circle), but we still have to be careful of where we lay him. He LOVES to play with his feet. He loves his socks and his toes and likes to try to chew on them both. Caleb enjoys time on the floor to explore his feet and his surroundings. He is definitely not a cuddle bug like Joshua.
These days it is difficult to get him to keep his attention on nursing, unless he's absolutely starving. He loves to pull away to watch Joshua (one of his favorite activities) and to smile at Daddy. He loves to grin at Daddy! He is starting to eat some oatmeal cereal, but doesn't devour it like Joshua used to. His tongue still pushes it out for the most part. He'll get the hang of it yet!Caleb has been sleeping like a champ. There have been a few nights where he wakes up in the middle of the night hungry, but for the most part he's been doing amazingly well. We have a hard time laying him down at night because he cries and wants to be held. But, once he falls asleep, he's a pretty good sleeper overall. He must roll around in his crib at night because he's never in the same spot when I get him as when I laid him down.Caleb is also making all sorts of noises these days. They are very expressive and fun to listen to. He softly squeels away as he plays.Caleb just started playing in our bug stander-upper. It's not quite as cool as an exersaucer, but it's the same idea. He does a great job in it, and it's supposed to be working his core to strengthen him up for sitting. He also does well in the bumbo. He impresses us constantly with how big and strong he is!I just love this picture above with those big chipmunk cheeks. I just want to squeeze them (which I don't) and kiss them (which I do ALL the time!). Caleb has been a wonderful addition to our home. I now understand that some people have very easygoing children! And, I understand what it's like to completely love more than one child - I'm learning a lot about God and His love through my kids.I'm trying to think of other accomplishments of Caleb's. While this isn't an 'accomplishment,' it's something we'll look back at and laugh one day, I think. Caleb can still mess through his outfit like they are going out of style. Daddy had the pleasure of getting such an explosion twice yesterday.Happy 5-month birthday, little Caleb Luke! Mommy & Daddy and Joshua all love you to pieces. I'm glad you're part of our family. Great job on growing so big!

No comments: