Thursday, December 11, 2008

Food for Thought

As I'm in my office about to go down to give my final exam of the semester, I've been thinking about something all day that I thought I would share with all you 'bloggers' out there. In my Bible study this week, I've been studying God's love for us. I read that there are people that Beth Moore would lay down her own life for, but there is not a soul out there that she would sacrifice her own children for.

I've been thinking about it ever since. She's right. It would be difficult to lay my own life down, but I think I could probably do it. But I would NEVER even dream of letting anything happen to my kids - ever. I would fight for them tooth and nail. Yet the Bible says:

1 John 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

God loved us so much that even while we were sinners, He sent His one and only begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins. Jesus came as a baby in a manger, living a life like we would live to fully show his compassion for us. What an amazing God we serve! That we would be able to experience His love this season and worship Him for it!

No comments: