Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Christmas, PLEASE!!!

This has been an exciting Christmas for us...it's great seeing the holidays through a child's eyes. Joshua loves the song "I wanna Hippopatamus for Christmas." He calls it his Christmas song and asks for "more Christmas song please." I'll put on all sorts of other songs instead, but this is the one that he means and insists that we repeat. (On an even funnier side note, to me, is the fact that Shawn can't remember that it's a hippo. I wish I could remember all the various things he's called it - haaaa!!!)

Joshua also loves the song "Pretty Good Night" by Unsearchable Riches, and he calls that his "good night song" when he requests to hear more of it.



My personal favorite this season has been "Mary's Boy Child - Oh My Lord" by Booney M. I've heard it several times on the radio before we purchased it online. A cool story with this song...I was driving to class for the last time this semester last week, and I prayed that I would hear this song. And, I didn't. I drove the whole way there and was almost home but I believed God wanted to share the song with me. And, sure enough, it was the last song I heard on the drive home, ending just as I pulled in the driveway. God is so cool! And, I absolutely love this time of year, that you hear on a regular old radio station "Praise the Lord!" and that "a King was born today!" and all about Jesus' birth!



Joshua loves Charlie Brown Christmas and will ask for "More Christmas, PLEASE!!!" to see it. It's the only other show besides Sesame Street that we will occasionally let him watch. He loves the music especially, and it's neat to see his expressions reacting to the show.When we were driving to my sister Becky's house the other night, I said "Wow! Joshua, look at the lights on that house!" (The house lights resembled the Griswold Family Christmas Vacation house - completely decked out!) And, Joshua replied "WOW!" Then he said "hey, this is a foof-foof song...doggies singing!" Sure enough, it was dog noises to the tune of jingle bells. He cracks me up! I love that we know what he's thinking now since he can talk and express himself. Sooo funny!I wrapped most of his gifts yesterday. From drumsticks to crayons to a football and more...wrapping stinks, but I can't wait to see him open his gifts. My feeling is that he probably will unwrap one and be annoyed to have to open the rest. But, we'll see! I wrapped Caleb's gifts, too, but we didn't get him quite as many as the Bean. The rest of the funds will go to his college fund account to try and play "catch up" since he doesn't really need anything and doesn't really understand this year. I'm loving the holiday season and hope to do some baking today since our ground is once again covered in white from the snow yesterday.Hope you are enjoying each memorable moment!

No comments: