Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Christmas Merriment

Monday night I had spaghetti & meatballs, along with salad and bread, ready for supper by the time Shawn got home, and I also invited my mom to come join us for dinner. By sounds, both Shawn & Mom had incredibly busy days at work and were glad for some food. Afterward, Grandma went home to rest and we went shopping. Our final stop of the night was to Costco, where we picked up a rocking horse for Joshua. Backing up the story to Saturday, when I was shopping at the mall with Mom, Shawn took the boys with him to Costco to get a few things. Unlike me, he allows Joshua to walk throughout the store with him. Joshua fell in love with a little furry rocking horse that neighs (sp?) and wags its tail, etc. He immediately jumped on the floor display, and after Shawn was done in that aisle, he told Joshua it was time to leave. Shawn kept walking and saw the Bean out of the corner of his eye coming down the aisle after him. Daddy thought nothing of it until he heard other shoppers begin to chuckle. As he turned around, there was Joshua dragging this beloved horse with him, and it took all his might to get it to budge. If he had to leave, so did his pride & joy. Shawn laughed as folks said 'How can Santa say no to that?' Well, that day Shawn did say no, but when we went back Monday night, Joshua went straight for the rocking horse again. So, we decided to buy it for him for Christmas, which is hard to wrap and even harder to get underneath our tree. :) :) :)
Yesterday I went to a playdate at Margie's house (a gal from my MOPS group that doesn't live too far from here). Because I was concerned at what to expect from the Bean at someone eles's house (you never know how childproof somewhere else is...or what your two-year-old may try to get into), I had asked mom to watch Caleb for me so I could have my hands & arms free. (Mom had already taken the day off for other reasons). When she arrived, Joshua begged to stay with his beloved Ma-maw. Super! I offered to take Caleb, but he was falling asleep since it was time for his nap. So, mom watched both boys and I went by myself. I had a great time catching up with the other moms. :)
Then last night was the Christmas banquet for LHOP, where they honored Shawn for his service on the A/V team. Thankfully Aunt Missy was willing to watch the boys, and I think Joshua had a blast! He gets so excited when she comes that he begins to scream and goes nuts. He also started sitting in his bucket last night to read his books. Anyway, Shawn & I had a great time at the banquet. We sat with a great group of folks, including Shane & Andrea Smoker who run the sound & help with the children's ministry downstairs, respectively (Shane's family went to Petra growing up, so we had something to talk about as he asked about my fam and I asked about his), Tim & Hilary Murphy who help Shawn with the A/V team and also serve as elders for the church, and Chris & Angie Dearolf from the Quarryville church. We had sat with these two several years ago, and they are a fun couple. They had their 7-week old son there, who they are currently fostering and trying to adopt through the County's children & youth intervention system. (Please pray that it all works out for them!) It was interesting to hear all about the story and to find out that they went to MU with me, same major, when I was there! I couldn't believe it. We all had thought the others looked familiar, but couldn't place it before. It is a small world...and a small county, I guess. :) :) :) We left after dinner since it was already 8:30 pm (the event was scheduled to go until 10 pm) so we could get back to feed a hungry Caleb Luke (who you can tell is growing like a weed from the above pictures where he's playing with his toes) and to put Joshua to bed. He was exhausted from his fun day! Thanks, Ma-maw and Aunt Missy for watching the boys yesterday!

No comments: