Friday, December 19, 2008

Ho-Ho-Holiday Shopping

Yesterday was a busy day! I was exhausted until we got to bed last night. I'll tell the day in pictures... First, after both boys woke up, I fed them and dressed them for the day. Then I called Grandma to see if she would join me...Our mission of the day was to buy a few presents and fill the stocking for this handsome hubby...
We went to all sorts of stores, and Joshua was a complete CRAB the entire time. He threw fits, and Grandma said she never saw him act like that before. I think his love language is quality time, and he was upset we weren't paying more attention to him and playing. Even though we love him to pieces, we needed to shop and get things done... Caleb was pretty content most of the time, as usual.We came home and enjoyed McDonald's for lunch and the boys napped, and then we went back out in my four-wheel-drive sleigh (which is currently missing all the lights on the left-hand front side - EEK!) and shopped until dinner time. We were all glad to be home. I started wrapping gifts, which is my least favorite thing to do next to wrestling screaming children. After I was done, I fed Caleb again, and then I cooked dinner. We had pork chops browned in flour, cinnamon & brown sugar, then baked with raisins & apples, brown butter, and more cinnamon & brown sugar. To go with them, I made mashed potatoes and pre-made green bean casserole, topped off with rolls & butter.Joshua ate and ate and ate mashed potatoes. I was just glad to see him eat something. He also enjoys green beans and rolls, but he still doesn't care for meat.After dinner, Daddy played with the boys while I cleaned up. Then it was time for the kids to get a bath. I also baked chocolate chip cookies while Shawn bathed Joshua, and then I bathed Caleb.We put both boys to bed, but Caleb's crying woke poor Bean. Both kids ended up back in our room. Joshua's sleepy look, along with his messy hair, was so adorable as he wandered in with his blankey to tell us that "Caleb's cLying." We then discovered Caleb's new tooth! I put some baby orajel on the tooth and Daddy tucked Joshua back in bed. I snuggled with the baby until 1 am when I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I put him back in his crib and called it a night.I'm pretty well done shopping, I have more cookies to bake, and I'm loving my two little boys who survived the busy day with me! Looking forward to spending the weekend with my hubby, who makes all the efforts worth it. :) :) :)

No comments: