Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Drama King

Joshua was having fun with the sunglasses the other night - he used to call them gackers, then glackers and sadly enough now he calls them plain ol' glasses. It's great to hear him speak more clearly, but I miss the little mispronunciations. Joshua is ALL personality all the time. The other night he was crying for me to come into his bedroom. Since I didn't want him to wake up the whole house (which happened last night), I went in only to find him in his construction hat, which I was not expecting. I giggled and told Daddy to go look. Oh, silly Bean!Another funny moment came yesterday. To start, I was angry. Severely angry. Nothing went my way yesterday. I was late to get to MOPS, and as I was walking down the stairs to go get our coats, Caleb FINALLY burped and threw up all over both of us. It was hard enough to decide on outfits that morning, and now I had to re-dress. Plus, there's nothing more pleasant than being vomitted on. Then, I heard him start to mess his pants. And, I was SO late because even though I woke up early, like I said nothing was going right (which was how my day ended as well). I finally got down the stairs and Joshua was refusing to put on his coat. I had had it. I was screaming. Joshua thought for a minute and then said, "EASY, MOMMA!" with his hand up in the air very much like Grandpa Ginder looks when he says it. I burst into laughter and so did he. My silly Bean!Joshua isn't always silly these days. He's downright stubborn. He was getting up out of time out for Daddy yesterday and refused to clean up the Cheerios he started throwing on the floor. He was having "one of those days" just like us. He got spanked...a lot. Yet, there is nothing cuter than tucking this little bundle of fire in bed at night. Last night, I talked to him about getting to start over with Jesus. Actually - backing up the story (and talking somewhat in circles - forgive me) - yesterday at MOPS, we got to go to "Treasure Cove" which is where the kiddos get to walk to from their classrooms. In this special area, they learn about God's word through Bible stories taught with puppets, drama, special songs and dances, various motions and teachings. We, as mothers of preschoolers, got to see for ourselves what our children experience at church on the weekends. I LOVED it! I could just picture Joshua in there dancing and doing the hand motions and being enthralled at the stories. Yesterday's lesson was on us obeying God. How often I fall short of His glory, too! And, at the end, they talked about the importance of us taking time to reinforce the lessons learned at church. Then we talked about getting to start over with God...a lesson we all needed yesterday. So, at bedtime, Joshua & I talked about starting over. Then, he sang his various bedtime songs with me. I was surprised and impressed how many of the songs I've sang with him since before he was Caleb's age, he now remembers and sings along with. The one that really impressed me was a Psalty song I remember from when I was little "Take all of me...take all of me...in a world that's lost, help me count the cost, take all of me..." and Joshua didn't miss a beat. He's such a great singer!

Speaking of songs, he knows most of the words to the Brandon Heath song "Give me your eyes," a song he rarely hears but when Grandma put it on when she was watching the boys, he sang right along. There are times I think Joshua is an angel straight from heaven...then there are times I could 'beat him unmercifully' (an expression we learned from the Ginder fam). Here's a link to the song via youtube.com so you can see it for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihvG607W-c.

No comments: