Friday, December 5, 2008

More Sweetness

Joshua just came up to me and said 'I Lowel You!' which is how he says "I love you!" and gave me a big hug. He is so sweet! I didn't even iniate the conversation that time. I think he's beginning to understand feelings.
He was also doing really well at saying "thank you" for things...and I would always say back "you're welcome." Now, he says "you're welcome" instead of "thank you," thinking that I was correcting him. So, he just asked me to fix his crayon (the paper had come down too far over the tip) and then he said "You're welcome, Momma!" in such a sweet little voice.
Speaking of crayons, he is getting more and more colors correct when I ask them what they are. He says 'gleen' 'purple 'blue' 'lello' 'or-ange' and 'blown'. His brain astounds me everyday. For example, this morning he purposely knocked a letter off the fridge (which annoys me to no end, so we've been working on him keeping them ON the fridge). I told him to pick up the letter and put it back on the fridge. He looked at me, shaking his head, saying "No, no, no, momma, I want the L!" Clear as day...I looked and the letter he had picked up was L!!!!
Yesterday, he put a crayon wrapper on his finger and asked me to "sing the Light Song." I couldn't think of it for the life of me, but eventually he did enough hand motions for me to realize he meant "This Little Light of Mine."
Most impressive by far, though, has been his demonstration last night of how he could zip up his own pajamas. Daddy's been letting him do the "zip, zip, zip" and Joshua proudly showed me his newest accomplishment. I was so excited! My little boy is growing and learning!

No comments: