Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wake Me Up When September Ends


My blog has suffered some serious neglect over the past few months. To say I was busy is an understatement. I also wonder who reads it anymore, and while I keep it as a record for my boys, I wonder if they will even take the time to read it when they are older. I've gotten behind on printing them into books, too. Hopefully I'll get it all back in order and maybe learn what's worth having on here and what's worth letting go. 

I also see how other social media has taken over because it's "shorter" so to speak. For example, here's what I wrote on Facebook on September 12: "It's sometimes in the little things that I see God's grace in my life. Today, I brought Joshua home from school literally seconds before the rain started to pour (we walk to and from school). Woohoo!" I remember the rain clouds forming - it didn't look good, but we literally walked in the door and the heavens let loose. I was grateful!
On September 15, I wore this Redskins t-shirt to support Shawn's team. They lost anyway. :( That evening we went to our annual - well, maybe not every year - neighborhood picnic at our next door neighbor's house. We are truly blessed to have them as neighbors! We truly enjoy 99% of the people in this neighborhood, including the folks across the street and the ones diagonal from us on either side of them. There are so many kind, hard-working people who live here and all get along well. It was a fun night of hearing stories of parenting and work, etc. We laughed and laughed!
On September 27, Lancaster Bible College celebrated some sort of homecoming festival and had fireworks. We had received a letter that it was going to happen, but we completely forgot about it. When we heard the first "BOOM!" long after our kids were in bed, the entire house shook. We went to the front porch to see what it was and were in awe of the beautiful fireworks display right in front of our house over the fields. Caleb was the only kiddo who woke up, so he and I sat on the front porch in our pajamas and watched the entire show. It was GREAT! I was genuinely surprised the other boys didn't wake up, but it was also nice to have some one-on-one time with my middle son. We tried to take a couple pictures, but they didn't turn out (it was too dark - thankfully, since I was literally in my monkey PJs on my front porch!).
 
 
Between soccer practices, school for both boys, Bible study, school for me, work for Shawn and even time spent at the gym, September was a very full month! But it was a beautiful one, too, I'd say. :)

No comments: