Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy 62-months, Caleb Luke!

Caleb turned 62-months old on Monday, September 8. He is getting SO tall! I predict he will be a very tall man some day. And seeing how much he looks like his Daddy's pictures at his age, I have a feeling he's going to look like a paler version of Shawn. :) 
Caleb started back to preschool in September. He loves his class and the activities they do. He especially likes when they play outside or go to the gym. I've helped in his classroom and it's interesting to see all the various levels of students at his age. Caleb writes extremely neatly and knows most of what they are working on, but he's still having fun. And since he struggles to be still for long periods of time, I think preschool is still fun for him as he interacts with friends. He is the tallest in his class, I think, or one of the tallest at least.
Caleb also started soccer in September, which I posted about before. He struggles to stay involved in an activity that bores him. He danced all over the fields and got easily distracted. But, I think it's relatively typical for his age. But, when he DOES enjoy something, he really really gets into it. He's extremely fast at addition and subtraction, and the other day I asked him if he had four groups of ten, how many would he have and without blinking he answered "40." For a preschooler, I think he is SO sharp! I wish there is more I knew to do with him to keep his mind active and engaged (he probably could be playing piano or speaking another language if I was a better parent!).

Caleb loves to color, especially Mario pictures, and like his big brother is very into electronics. He is also amazingly good at them for his age. He knows how to get to his coloring pages on the computer or how to play the Wii games and is very good at them.

There are times I wonder about Caleb's heart, though. He's much less likely to talk about what he's feeling or thinking than his older brother. I realize it's a lot of personality, but I pray for him, and for his future wife. May he find a girl who will treasure his soft heart and encourage him!

There's more I could say, but I'll leave it at that for now... Happy 62-months, my Caleb Luke! I love you!

No comments: