Friday, October 25, 2013

Columbus Day - Hayloft Candles

 
On Columbus Day (Monday, October 14), we went to Hayloft Candles as a family. Joshua had off from school that day, but Shawn had to work, of course. Since it was absolutely lovely outside, I suggested we meet at lunch time and feed the animals some of the food we had left over from the petting zoo from Joshua's birthday. We also purchased food there for the ducks since the boys LOVE to feed them!




My boys also love the "swings" there. We enjoy that the goats come up and want to be fed!
As I was looking through my pictures, I realized I had missed posting about going the very end of September when we watched my nephew John for my sister. So, in a few of these pictures where the boys are in shorts, it's from an earlier visit.

They were feeding the deer and the sheep in this photo.



Caleb LOVES animals! He isn't scared to feed them and enjoys the interaction.
John gave the animal his baggy instead of the food - we had to rescue it!
As Caleb was sitting on the bench, Ryan was talking to the donkeys.
"Hello, donkey!" he would say. We laughed and laughed as he tried to carry on a conversation with them.
Back to Columbus Day. This time Joshua was able to come along with us!
He also enjoys feeding the animals there. I love that it's so close to Shawn's work!
The ducks and swans are always the thing the boys seem to enjoy most, though.



I tried to get a picture of Daddy and the boys, but Joshua refused to look because he was too busy feeding the ducks. When a woman saw my attempt, she offered to take a picture of our whole family (the first picture). It always feels a little strange to hand someone my phone. I don't naturally distrust people, but I did have a good friend give his phone to someone who asked to make a call and the guy took off with it. So, I do hesitate...but I thought it was a nice offer and I appreciate getting family pictures. It was the only one with me in it from the day! ;-)

No comments: