Saturday, October 12, 2013

Home Depot Airplanes!

On Saturday, September 28, Joshua went with Nonie & Poppy for his birthday activity. They went to Oregon Dairy to do the corn maze, if I'm remembering correctly, and he had a GREAT time! The next weekend, October 5, we went to Home Depot to build airplane models. My sister Becky had emailed me about these free workshops that they do, and I thought it would be neat to check one out.
I registered our family in advance, but I discovered it didn't really matter. You still had to wait in the long line and re-fill out all the same paperwork that day. Registering or not didn't make a difference. They had still run out of paint even though I had reserved spots in advance and others just walked up. Such is life! I'm glad we got there early, or they may have been out of everything. The older boys enjoyed using the tools to make their airplanes. It was a little difficult for them, so Shawn helped.
Ryan would NOT leave Daddy's side. He didn't want to do his plane there (which was fine with us since it involved a hammer and glue).
The kids put their finishing touches on their planes and then we walked around to the other stations, which included a fire truck, some fire dogs and some face painting/stickers.
Here were the finished planes:
And here was one of the stickers they got - this big spider!

No comments: