Wednesday, May 20, 2009

'Cause There Ain't No Cure for the Summer Time Blues

This has been a busy week! On Tuesday, we had the last MOPS meeting until next fall. While there are play dates planned twice a month during the summer, it just won't be the same as having these wonderful women watching our babies so we can chat and catch up. This final meeting featured a catered breakfast (and it was delicious!) and we got lots of organic products to sample, including honey wheat pretzels that Joshua is crazy about!Since the weather was gorgeous, that night we went and walked around Roots. Luckily, I had eaten a salad before we left because the food there was VERY tempting. But, I've worked out every day for the past two weeks (other than my day of rest), and I don't want to be hindered by eating completely bad all day (Lord knows I put a hurtin' on breakfast that morning). We left Roots with more meadow tea for Shawn and another delicious canteloupe that I cut up the next morning - without losing a finger! On Wednesday, we started our day as we typically do, going for a walk after breakfast. This time, we saw a class of fourth graders from Nitrauer doing a scientific 'dig' in a little stream of water (barely a trickle) in the field near our house. Oh, what my boys have to look forward to!This has been the week of funny sayings for Joshua, too. I've heard "Take it easy, momma!" which cracked me up to "Are you frustrated? [pause while I say yep, follwed by:] That's AMAZING!" Over and over again he's made me laugh. He's also all drama these days as he pretends to be sad and rubs his fists over his eyes. He knows that anytime he cries he gets our attention, so he's mustering up every ounce of creativity to make us give him some lovin's. We giggle at his dramatics...is he like the momma or what? He's pretending more in general now, including pretending to eat the cookie off his "cookie inspector" shirt and saying "mmm...that's good...yummy!" We love how he says some words still like "choc-o-late" and "amazing" ...I'll have to get them on camera.Yesterday, my friend Julie came over with her two kids and we had a great time catching up while the kids played outside. It was in the 80's and humid, and we both soaked up the sun. Afterward, we ate lunch here, consisting of ham & cheese sandwiches, fresh fruit, carrots, etc. It was nice! My kids took a nap in the afternoon so I could work out, and then I took them for a walk around the neighborhood so Daddy could fire up the grill. We ate outside and played some more! While Joshua wouldn't eat any meat, Caleb highly enjoyed the finely cut up hot dogs while we feasted on cheeseburgers. It was a gorgeous night.But, the summertime blues also hit this week for various reasons. For one, I'm going to be laying to rest our beloved 'doublewide' seat as it bit the dust while we were playing in the garage. I'm so sad to see it go! We've loved it for almost nine years now. Second, we found out today that my cousin's wife got her leg amputated due to a blood clot. Also my Dad went to the doctor's and they're sending him for testing for a murmur they heard in one of his heart chambers. Finally, Shawn's grandma is also not doing too well. Please keep them all in your prayers!

No comments: