Sunday, May 24, 2009

80's in '09

This week has been hot & humid, but I'm not complaining since I was so sick of the rain. I'll take some sunshine! On Friday, I walked with both boys to Stoner Park. It only takes about half an hour each way with me leisurely strolling on the path that goes right from our house to the park - we never have to be on the road, which is nice. Unfortunately, on the way there, Joshua accidentally dropped his beloved blue sunglasses, and he was devastated as the stroller rolled right over them before I could catch it. Yes, they are quite smashed. He doesn't understand that they're broken, though, and keeps asking for them and is quite disheartened that mommy won't give him his cracked up sunglasses. He LOVES them! That night, we went to Green Dragon to see if any of the stands sold kid's sunglasses, but there weren't any suitable there (we did buy some fresh produce again, though - yum!). So, I asked Grandma & Grandpa Ginder to pick up a new pair for the Bean and his grabby little brother and bring them up along. :) :) :)
The park was fun. Caleb slept some of the time, and Joshua played and played on the slides and little-guy jungle equipment. The moment we got there Daniel yelled "JOSH!" and they were off and running together. I can't believe Daniel will be two in June! My how time flies! Joshua was so good when I told him it was time to leave the park. I was worried about it since I was walking home, but I gave him the two minute warning and he asked to slide down the slide "one time" and that was it. He crawled right into the stroller and we chatted the whole way back to our house. Yeah for nice weather!
Yesterday I cut up all our new fresh fruit, and Shawn cooked out on the grill again. We ate outside and then played with the boys. Caleb loves the little slides in our backyard (we of course have to help him). Both boys enjoy playing outside, which is great! We also went to church yesterday, and the sermon was on using the gifts God gave us to serve others...in other words, we shouldn't miss our calling here on earth by getting caught up in the rat-race of meaningless pursuits. So much of what we do won't matter when we die, so we need to live with eternity in mind. What are we doing that will make a difference? Right now I know that parenting is the number one thing I'm to focus on, and yet I do feel like God has given me different talents that I'm not using currently. I'm not sure where or how to use them, but I'm sure God will open the doors. Last night as I was doing my Daniel Bible study (I'm currently on Chapter 11), a portion of the teaching was on that very same thing. Hopefully I'll have more time to blog about it later - right now I hear my dryer beeping, and the boys are napping, so I'll have to run.
This afternoon, my friend Suzanne took me out for an early birthday lunch to Isaac's (thanks so much!). I had a great time catching up with her. She has always been an amazing friend. I've known her since second grade, and so much of our life has seemed similar...and even when it's not, she's very understandable and understanding. I love her to pieces. :) :) :) It was nice to be out. Now as the boys were resting I was sunbathing and realized it's a little too hot. So, I'm indoors now and thinking about doing an exercise video until they wake up. Enjoy your day!

Me & Suz Fall 1998

Me & Suz May 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love you too!!! I think we look even better than we did 11 years ago! :) Ugh though---11 years already!?!
-Suz