Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tales of the Sleep Napper

Since Joshua did so well in his big boy bed overnight Thursday night and for his naps, we decided to go for broke, draw the line in the sand, and say this is a permanent move - no going back to the crib for any reason. In fact, this weekend we raised the crib back up for the new baby, changed the sheets, added the bumper with it's new ties (thanks, Mom!) and put back on the mobile.
Friday night, I put Joshua in bed. He cried a little but then I didn't hear him after a few minutes. So, I peeked into his room after awhile to make sure he was really asleep. My heart pounded when I didn't see him in his bed. Then, I saw the cutest thing ever - he was clutching his blankey on the floor, sound asleep. I whispered for Shawn to come up from downstairs and take a look at his son. He came up and we both laughed - and Shawn grabbed the camera, of course. Afterward, Shawn picked up his sleeping little boy and gently put him back in bed, where he slept until 6 am the next morning when he flung open our door and scared us half to death. But, I was glad he came right over.
He slept well in his bed again at naptime yesterday, and then last night I put him in bed. This time, it was Shawn who called me upstairs to take a look at our son. I peeked in his room expecting to see him on the floor. Nope! I looked in his bed - nope! I was a little nervous...until Shawn pointed to our room. There lying in the middle of our beautifully made queen size bed was a little boy clutching his blankey. Daddy went to get the camera, but Joshua wasn't asleep yet. Instead he sprang to his feet and went "HAAAA!" We all laughed. Silly Bean! Daddy put him back in bed once again, and we went downstairs to watch a little TV before turning in ourselves to make sure that the Bean was really asleep when we came back. And he was. I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't sleep, so at 5:30 I got up for good - and Joshua must have heard me walking around because he soon joined me. But, he slept well again for his nap in his big boy bed, so I'd say we've made definite progress.

No comments: