Sunday, June 15, 2008

God's Little Boy is...Thankful

Thank you, dear God, for blessing me -
with food, a home and a family.
And now, oh Lord, I ask if You might
help me be honest and do what is right.

The Lord...is pleased with an honest person's prayer.
The Lord...hears the prayers fo those who do right.
Proverbs 15:8,29


Dear God, we thank you so much for Joshua. There are days that I question why you gave him my temperament instead of Shawn's easy-going personality, but Lord, I am so thankful for our son. I'm thankful that he is doing well health-wise, learning and growing. Even as he gets into every little thing, I thank you that he is curious and doing developmentally appropriate things. Please help me to be patient with him and guide and direct him in a godly way. We pray now that Joshua would have a thankful heart. May he always be grateful for the freedom he has in this country, for the house he will grow up in, for the food we offer him, for the clothing he has on his back, for having two parents who love each other and him deeply, for having grandparents and extended relatives that pray for him and want the best for him, and for the ability to grow up in the church and learn about you. May he never feel 'entitled' but always thankful and appreciative. Please guide and direct him and give him a thankful heart. Bring joy and peace to his life and let him always praise you for who you are and all you've done for us and continue to do today. Thank you for the gift of salvation and showing us the way to live. We love, honor and praise you. In Jesus' holy name, AMEN!

No comments: