Thursday, June 5, 2008

The-Hers-Day for Da' Momma

Today I had a wonderful birthday. I told Shawn it would be great if God gave me a "twin" but so far, no such luck (and it's after 8:15 pm). Shawn took the day off work today to be with us, which is the best gift I could have ever asked for. He then had quite the breakfast spread with fresh fruit, pancakes, donuts, breakfast sandwiches, orange juice and milk. He also had beautiful flowers, cards and gifts waiting for me. I loved having him home all day. Mom sweetly offered to watch Joshua for us so he could take me to my favorite restaurant, Fiorentino's, for supper.

The only real "negative" of the day was the fact that I had a doctor's appointment and after waiting an hour for the doctor, I decided to leave. My blood pressure, urine and weight were all low-to-normal, and I was just there on Monday for some tests which showed everything looked good, so I wasn't going to wait all day on my birthday. Otherwise, we had a nice day overall. I don't feel a year older...yet I do feel "old" in thinking about welcoming our second child into our home, etc. A big thanks to Shawn & Joshua, mom and the rest of our family & friends who made this day special!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,Valerie!

Anonymous said...

Hope that you had a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! So glad you had a fun day! I'm sure you're getting so excited to meet your little guy! Both of our girls were early and then Joshua was three days late. I really felt like I was waaaay overdue! Blessings to you as you prepare for Baby #2!

Anonymous said...

Woops. . .forgot to sign my name to the above comment.
-Connie