Monday, June 2, 2008

Getting Ready for the Baby

On Saturday morning, we met Nonie & Poppy for breakfast at Silk City and they took Joshua home with them for the day. He had fun playing with them and Jordon and being outside while we worked and worked on his soon-to-be new room. (Thanks, Nonie & Poppy!) We went through all our clothing and put things in boxes for the attic and for a Water Street donation and then moved all our old furniture out of that room, giving some to my sister and taking some to the curb. Then we started assembling the new furniture for the Bean, which we still have to finish. I also packed the bag for the hospital awhile and made lists for people who would watch Joshua of his normal routine, where to find things, etc. I also made an "in case of emergency" paper, giving permission for others to make decisions on our behalf, having copies of his insurance cards right there, and his entire medical history. No one should ever need this, but just in case, it's done. Finally, I made an announcement list to take with us to the hospital.

I went through the last of the bins of baby items and have out the burp clothes and receiving blankets, etc. and found the pacifiers in case this baby likes them (Joshua didn't). The diapers are all organized with one side of the changing table for Joshua's things and the other side for the baby. I also cleaned the changing table and all the furniture in the nursery. In going through our things, we'd often pause and remember when Joshua wore this or that. For example, I found his little sun hats for when we go swimming, which he should still fit this year. But, we decided to go back and look at the videos of him splashing last year. How big he looks now compared to that little boy!

Mom came over to measure the bumper to sew some extra ties on it, and she swept and mopped my floors. Thank you! What a momma! She also gave us her old vacuum cleaner (a much nicer one that I've ever owned) since ours had broken. Thanks, Mom! We had a very productive day, and I'm feeling a little better about being ready if the baby would grace us with his presence sooner rather than later. We ordered a quilt for Joshua online but it still hasn't arrived. I started buying a few other decorations to go with the baseball/sports theme. I'm excited for his room to be done! One more thing to cross off the list! Now I just need to make some meals to put in our freezer and I'd say we're pretty well ready. Here are some pictures of a very pregnant me.

On Sunday I helped lead worship - my last time for a few months. That afternoon Shawn mowed the yard and we continued to work on getting things ready for Joshua & the baby. Please pray that this little guy is healthy and doing well!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

First of all (you know how it's said) you look so good! Sounds like you've been busy (and sick...yuck!) getting ready for that baby. How Awesome! Is there anything I can do for you, Friend? Come over and we can prepare your meals together while the children play. I'd love to help you with that!

Also, Jude doesn't know his shapes and colors yet and he's 27 months old. He just learned blue. So, no pressure! :) He's a slowsky with his speech, although he says just about everything now. I'm excited for how much Joshua is talking and understanding now! That's so cool!

We're away this weekend, but after this week things will slow down again a little. I'd love to see you!

Julie