Thursday, June 12, 2008

Farm Days

Today Joshua & I met my friend Julie and her kiddos, Jude and baby Kate, at Oregon Dairy. We started out with a nice big breakfast and then headed to stand in line to get on the tractor ride (which Jude was VERY excited about - Joshua, not so much!) The tractor went through a cow barn (where Joshua mooed) and told us all about milking, etc. and then dropped us off at the main event area.
Bummer this picture isn't clearer. I had Shawn's camera (the batteries are just about dead) and I was a little shaky from it being 1,000 degrees. Here are Joshua & Jude playing in the corn, the highlight of their day.
Jude had the coolest monkey backpack that had a leash on the back of it. I didn't use to think those were "cool" until I saw him go. He was able to have the freedom to walk around (unlike the Bean at times) but he was always close enough to Julie that she didn't have to worry about him wondering off. Joshua will walk holding hands for a little bit, but I understand it's impractical for him to have his arm straight in the air for long periods of time. It's just as impractical for me to bend over at nine months pregnant for long periods of time to be on his level. So, I think the monkey backpack is genious for events such as these where it's crowded and there are LOTS of temptations.
We had fun visiting, but we soon ran out of things that kiddos our age would enjoy. It was time for Kate to eat, and we were all sweltering in the heat. So, we got back on the tractor and headed toward our cars to head for home. Thanks for venturing out with us, Julie and family!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Wow! You're good! I haven't even managed to get my camera to my computer to download my pictures and you've already posted! Hey, it was really fun today. Jude has been talking about cows and tractors non-stop. Thanks for inviting us! I think it was worth enduring the heat. :)

Happy labor to ya! (Hope it comes on quickly!)

Love yas!
Me