Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Enjoying Time with the Bean

We've been working away on our house and getting things ready for the new baby. Finally it dawned on me that although we've been including Joshua in our progress, maybe we should just hang out for a little while and enjoy time with him. First, though, I asked Shawn to hang the sports letters in his room, one of the last finishing touches (I still have a picture frame coming and some day want to order a little baseball glove lamp I saw on Ebay, but these are minor things). Shawn thought the letters were "retarded" but I think they're adorable.
Shawn does a great job with measuring and putting things together. We were going to hang them a little lower, but I was afraid Joshua might be able to grab them off the wall. I think Joshua's new room is so cute, and he's been doing an awesome job at sleeping in his big boy bed. So well, in fact, that I decided to bring up the potty seat that sits on the floor that Brian & Gayle lent us so that we can start working on mastering that new skill soon enough.Tonight, though, we just went to the park as a family. No cleaning (although I did manage to do a couple things in there and last night I baked Daddy some cookies) - just family time. When we got home from the park, Shawn & I tossed a frisbee in the back yard and Joshua helped and played with his other toys. It was beautiful today. So, even if the baby decides to wait another full two weeks, I want to just enjoy time with my husband and son, who now points to my belly and says "baby!" He's sooo cute and so funny. Shawn & I love him very much - can't wait to see what the next one will be like!

No comments: