Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nesting

Shawn finished painting the fence out front this weekend. It looks so much better, I think! Now we have new windows that are aluminum capped, new front porch posts, a new bay window and a new front door. Our front yard is starting to grow in, too - no more trees or roots or dirt pile where grass needs to grow (although we still have a few bald spots). I've also been cleaning away. I bought two new products that I love and thought I'd share with my readers. One is the bathtub scrubbing extender. For less than $5 at Wal-mart, this purchase was super for saving my back and extra-large belly while scrubbing the tub and the master bathroom shower. My only word to the wise is to use less cleaning product since a little goes a long way with these things. (I spent longer than I would have needed to trying to get the Soft Scrub with Bleach off.) Shawn also bought me a carpet flick for my birthday, and while it won't replace vacuuming, it's great for cleaning up the area rug underneath the dining room table where the Bean sits. I also love Clorox wipes - what did people do before these were invented? And, I'm into the new Tide with fabric softener/febreeze already added (although Joshua's skin's too sensitive - we use unscented Dreft for his laundry). Tomorrow I'm going to mop my kitchen floor and the bathroom floors (can't do that while Joshua's awake or he might slip) and vacuum again. For the most part, though, my house is really clean. [Come, baby, come!]
Joshua, on the other hand, was not so clean after a day outside. He was "helping" Dadda in the dirt until he he got some in his eyes. Then, I brought him in for a bath and had to take a picture of his dirty little face - so cute! Such a boy! There goes my super clean bathtub. Such is life!
I'm happy to say he looks much better now - the dirt washes away and we have a smiling little face left...my precious oldest son. How much our lives have changed with you! I'll never look at airplanes or birds the same way again...or much of anything. My perspective has changed with many things as he grows and learns and becomes interested in different things. I'm truly blessed.

No comments: