Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fireman Joshua

Yesterday, Joshua helped as I did laundry and re-organized the laundry room a bit and froze the rest of the strawberries. We had another productive day; and I cleaned the coat closet (I'm guessing this is nesting; although, it did need done. It was just starting to drive me crazy!). Last night we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden to celebrate my birthday and Father's Day with Nonie & Poppy, Aunt Alicia & Jordon (who Joshua just loves), and Uncle Brian & Aunt Gayle and Grant & Jenavieve.
When we got home, I was disappointed to see that the water in our family bathroom was coming in a scary-looking brownish red. Shawn & Joshua were playing outside but soon came in and Shawn said he knew the cause. The Eden Fire Company was having training behind our house and using a ton of water, and he guessed that maybe it was taking all our reserves or something. I was appalled...until Shawn told me the next story. Joshua was enthralled watching these firemen train, and they came up and gave him a hat that says "Fire Chief." Soooo cute! Joshua was so excited!
The water was better this morning, so I'd say we're back in business (which is good since I'm hoping to do more cleaning when Joshua naps this afternoon). We have lunch plans today and then I'm hoping to have more play time with Joshua since the days of just the two of us are winding down. I'm sure we'll still play, but I also realize the dynamic may change with the new baby. I love my little boy! I'm also praying the next one is healthy and just as sweet as Joshua (but a bit more easygoing)...

1 comment:

cher789 said...

Val! How are you? I didn't realize you were so close to end of term with your baby! That's exciting. If you didn't know, I am 8 weeks pregnant with our fourth and I sometimes wish I could just jump to the last few weeks right away...although I'm not quite ready for this baby to make an appearance just yet:>)
I'll keep watching your sight for when it all happens! It's all so exciting when someone has a baby!
Cheryl