Monday, April 2, 2007

We've Survived!

I haven't posted this week because I got very, very sick. In fact, I haven't been that sick since I went to the hospital just over six months ago for the doctors to take Joshua from me via emergency c-section. I was feeling extremely overwhelmed on Wednesday from wanting to be the best parent possible 24/7 but balancing that desire with the need to grade a bazillion papers for school and a bunch of last-minute copy jobs, which were stressful but we needed the money, etc. I also wanted to always cook & clean & do everything, and my schedule wasn't letting me. I think my sanity was about to go, so God said STOP! and allowed me to get sick so I could realize that I need to prioritize and let the rest go "for now." When I couldn't keep anything down and literally needed to be in bed for two days straight, Shawn was extremely helpful in taking care of the Bean and taking some time off work. My mom also came over for a few hours during her normal working hours to help out. And, through all that when I physically couldn't worry, I realized that Joshua is most important, taking care of my own body & sanity is second, and being there for Shawn is right up there. The rest can simply wait if necessary. Now, I hope I can live that out as daily "stuff" tries to get in the way.

I feel bad that my plans for the weekend were canceled. I was looking forward to seeing my friends Julie & Kristen (and their boys, too!) for lunch on Friday and going up to Grandma & Grandpa Ginder's for the weekend. We'll definitely have to reschedule both. Here's a picture of Joshua disappointed that he couldn't go see Grandpa Ginder. Ha! (Really, I stole it off a friend's website because I thought it was so cute!)

No comments: