Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring into Eating!

Joshua did great with eating again today. I kept getting his nose with the spoon as he would move, but he ate all but the last two bites in his bowl! Hooray! This time he was much more interested in the bowl as a potential toy, but I tried to help occupy him with eating instead. He also drank from a sippy cup for the first time! Hooray! I'm not so sure the sippy part was in because it leaked, but then it wasn't as much work for him either. He made a funny face like, "this isn't my formula, mommy..." but he drank nonetheless and seemed to enjoy it.

I called my mom to see if she wanted to go on a walk with the Bean after she got out of work, which she agreed to. It was 85 degrees according to the bank clock, she said. Wow! I knew it was warm, but I didn't realize it was that beautiful. Other than a quick outing to meet Daddy for lunch (the highlight of my day), we've been inside as I'm hurridly preparing for Millersville this week and writing a bunch of last-minute copy jobs (and playing with Joshua, of course!).

Yesterday Joshua was cracking me up. Every time I put him on his belly, which helps increase his strength, he rolled right onto his back. Silly Bean! His socks came off today so he could discover his toes. I'm sure once they're out in the open more frequently, he'll learn how great those toes really are (the only reason I care is that it's a sign of physical capability). Hooray for another NICE DAY!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Toes are great! And it will be cool when he starts to put them in his mouth.

What a great treat for Joshua. Food, cup and walk! Jude had a hard time with the sucking with the sippy thing in the cup, so until he got the hang of it I left that thing out. Now he is drinking from a straw! Crazy! He just did it...to our surprise. How do kids know how to do thing? The Lord is a far better teacher than I ever could be.

Tomorrow is our big day! May nothing thwart our plans!!!! See you soon!
Julie