Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Six Month Birthday!

I can't believe little Joshua is six months old already! I can't believe I haven't worked outside of the house in six months!
I can't believe how big our little one is getting - we have a doctor's appointment this Friday to see how much he weighs (and get his vaccines, of course).
I can't believe that 6-9 month clothing fits him so well. He's sure catching up with the rest of his age group! He is also sitting up (with a little help), standing up (if we hold him upright on our laps), laughing at peek-a-boo, talking about a storm, and playing more and more everyday! My favorite is his giggle. Yesterday we were in the car and out of no where came a loud giggle from the back seat which cracked Shawn and me up!
On Friday, I was playing with him and then acted like I was doing something else while I was secretly watching him. He started to roll from his back onto his side and almost onto his belly again and then noticed that I was excitedly watching, and he dropped the toy he was working with and rolled back onto his back like "I'm not doing anything, mom." He also does a form of crawling on his back where he'll motor from one side of the room to the other via his legs, and we caught him in an army crawl (less than a foot away, though) moving toward a favorite toy. Hooray! These are GREAT signs of progress!
Joshua also seems interested in our food while we're eating. I'll be curious to see if they suggest starting him on solid foods this visit or wait until he's eating 8 ounces+. He shoves anything he can get his hands on straight into his mouth, and it frustrates him that toys are made purposefully not to fit into a baby's mouth so they can't choke. He's typically very happy and easy going. He's also working toward sleeping through the night. He's an early riser (and definitely a morning person) but he's been skipping the 4 a.m. feeding for the most part lately. Hallelujah! We are extremely blessed and proud of our miracle baby! We both love Joshua dearly. Happy six month birthday, kiddo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What progress he is making! Sounds to me like he has caught up and probably surpassed some of his baby peers as far as development goes! And, I won't be surprised if he weighs more than Elliott does. Go, Joshua!
Kristen

Julie Garner said...

Love that outfit Joshua is wearing. Whoever gave it to him must be very stylish...ha ha!

I think the things you had to say about Early Intervention sound great, Val! And no worries about your boy being behind. At the time when it will actually matter he will likely be outshining most other kids his age. And, besides, he is so stinkin' adorable...who cares if he crawls on his back...it just lets you see his cute face all the more! Ha ha!

Can't wait to see him...and you! Snow, stay away!!!

Love ya!
Julie