Saturday, March 24, 2007

Silly Daddy Story

Thursday before I left for Milleresville I asked Shawn to bathe Joshua IF he had time and was able since Joshua had a doctor's appointment Friday morning and I hadn't had the time to do it during the day. I called to let Shawn know that I was coming home when class was over, and he asked frantically "where are the onesies?" I had forgotten to lay out Joshua's clothing since I normally dress him, and poor Daddy couldn't find any clothing that fit the big Bean, even with my systematic organization. I told Shawn where to find them and assured him I would be home within 20 minutes. I came home and Joshua looked like this. I laughed so hard I cried. First of all, this is a 0-3 month bunting that my mom had gotten Joshua when he was still in the NICU. Of all the things for Shawn to pull out of the back of his closet, he chose this because it looked soft and warm. I'm sure warm doesn't even BEGIN to describe how hot this thing must have been for the Bean. He looked so adorable!!!

Then, as I'm taking it off to put on a real sleeper, I notice that Daddy had also managed to find a pair of newborn socks that I had left in the basket under the changing table. The part of the sock that's supposed to fold down around Joshua's ankle was BARELY reaching the edge of his heel. By this point, I'm hysterical with laughter. Shawn thought he looked so cute, and while I was thankful that he took the intiative to bathe him on his own, I realized that I'll need to make sure that appropriate clothing is laid out next time for the sanity of both my boys. So, today I bought another plastic bin at Wal-mart and packed up anything that was the wrong size so there wouldn't be any more confusion. I had been keeping 3-6 month clothing out because I get so sentimental putting things away...while it's great that Joshua is growing it's also somewhat sad to put favorite outfits away that we both enjoyed.

Bean didn't seem to mind the extra heat from the bunting at all after his bath. He's pretty easy going (unless you try to lay him down to sleep...right now you would think we were torturing this poor child if you could hear him screaming in the background. Two more minutes and I'm going to go get him.) Anyway, I remember "Silly Sally" jokes from when I was younger, and all I could think when I was getting real clothing on Joshua was "Silly Daddy." Just an FYI, the crying Joshua didn't last another two minutes. His tears have turned into silence as he nodded off. Now he's sleeping away...ahhhh. Time for us to go to bed, too, while he's resting. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Shawn - that's our boy, always making sure that the little one is warm. Anyway we give you an A for effort, and Mom is in total shock that you would just grab something instead of taking the time to look for something. Funny story, but Shawn you missed the opportunity to get a pic of Val rolling on the floor laughing. That may have been priceless as well. The good part is that we all can laugh about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Joshua got to wear his bunting, at least once! Too funny!

Grandma