Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lucky to be Irish!

As you can tell by my pale skin, quick temper, and early graying hair, I'm Irish through and through. As mom always tells me, her maiden name would have been O'More had her ancestors not changed it to be more American and moved the "o" inside to be Moore. Thus, Joshua is Irish, too, and proud of it (or he will be when he's old enough.) To celebrate, we went and got Shamrock shakes. I remember having green milk in Elementary school and green beer in college, but Shamrock shakes are now the best way to commerate the holiday.

This morning, Mom watched the Bean while Shawn and I went to the Spring Home Show. It was so cool to see all the vendors with their displays, and it made us realize how much work our little house still needs even though we've done a lot already. But, we love it, and you can't beat the location as far as I'm concerned. (Unless you're planning on heading south where the temperatures are typically nice, I suppose...)

Thursday the temperatures dropped and Spring disappeared, and Friday the sleet and snow came. It snowed and rained ice and snowed some more. Some lovely neighbor of ours ran their snowblower and did all of our sidewalks. Hopefully I'll figure out who it was so I can thank them - talk about a random act of kindness and a HUGE blessing since Shawn's ankle is still as large as his knees.

Here are some pictures of Shawn & Joshua last night. We purposefully took some time to relax - Shawn played video games while Joshua was just interested in being near Daddy and anything he did. Meanwhile I read all the information given to us about Early Intervention, who is coming to do an evaluation on Joshua on Monday. I'm looking forward to them coming to show me some ideas for how to encourage him to get stronger physically.

No comments: