Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sunny Day, Sweepin' the Clouds Away

Today was another absolutely gorgeous day. The bank clock registered 76 degrees, and it was the perfect weather - sun shining, a slight refreshing breeze, and clear blue skies. Yesterday afternoon, I had put Joshua in the stroller Aunt Missy bought him for Christmas and walked him around on just about every street in our neighborhood. He loved it and promptly fell asleep. I think we both needed fresh air and sunshine! After we came back to the house, I left him sleeping in the stroller next to me while I trimmed back the mum the church had got us while I was in the hospital. I'm no green thumb for sure, but Grandma & Granpda Ginder showed me how to care for this beautiful plant so that it will come back this fall.

Since it went so well yesterday, I decided to take him out again this afternoon. This time, he enjoyed every step without sleeping. He talked to anyone passing by and even the trees and bushes. When we came back inside, he gave me the pouty lip like he wanted to go back out. Unfortunately, it was about time for him to eat. I opened our windows to get a fresh breeze blowing across the house. Joshua was too warm in his sweatshirt and jeans inside, so I allowed him to play in his onesie to see if he would discover his toes yet. Hooray! Spring is definitely in the air!

Up to this point, I've kind of thought of my not being able to return to work as a sacrifice for the health and safety of our son. Yesterday and today when I was able to get outside and enjoy sunshine during normal business hours, I was thrilled to be a stay-at-home momma. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE staying home and playing with the Bean, but I also enjoyed my career, too. Now that summer is approaching and Joshua will be able to be out and about more, I think I'll enjoy being home even more. Notice in the above picture that Joshua is not only enjoying time on his belly, he actually grabbed for a toy. Yeah! Hope you're having a great day, too!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Joshua is so cute, Val! And getting so big! He looks huge in that umbrella stroller. Isn't it such a blessing to see him growing and being so healthy? The belly picture/grabbing for the toy made me think, "He'll be crawling before she knows it!" It's not far off, my friend. And wait until walking. That is GREAT! Jude and I actually enjoyed walking hand-in-hand the last few days. Just up and down the driveway, but it was great!

I hope I see you tomorrow, but I do believe the snow may make us choose another date! We have the WORST luck!

Love ya!
Julie