Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beware of The Ides of March

My dear friend Suzanne sent Joshua this adorable onesie with a baby frog in the shower that says baby shower plus this neat-o froggie toy that ribbits. It's so cute! Joshua has already stuck both arms and feet in his mouth to show how much he loves it. I miss Suzy and hope that her husband Greg can find a post-doc close to Lancaster so I can see her more often. This Harvard business has been the pits. :)

Every Ides of March I remember acting out the scene of "Julius Caesar" with Suz in our Honors English class in high school - I was Brutus, and Suz played Cassius. I was so nervous, I must have recited the lines hundreds of times to my mom because I think both of us still remember it to this day. "Remember March, the ides of March, remember? Did not great Julius bleed for justice' sake?" I'll spare you rather than keep going, but I do remember the play well. I think back to how many books a week I read for that class, and now I feel lucky to have enough time to read for school, the book about Joshua's growth, and the book on Leadership that Pastor Matt & Joanne got for us for Christmas. Thanks for the gifts, Suzy!!! Can't wait to see you Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a little behind in my reading of your website, but you are more than welcome for the gifts. He is so adorable! I remembered the Ides of March and told everyone at my work about it! I can't wait to see you Easter weekend.
Love, Suz