Friday, March 2, 2007

A Great Time

Our anniversary was amazing. Missy, Shawn's sister, sent us these adorable froggy chocolate truffles - too cute (& delicious)! Shawn surprised me by coming home from work early and having these beautiful flowers and a small heart-shaped ice cream cake. I also had some treats for him and a book of encouraging sentiment about what an awesome husband he is. Mom & Jamie came over to watch Joshua (and brought a very nice gift for us - thank you!) while we had a very romantic candlelight dinner at the Belvedere, using a gift card that the church had gotten us a long time ago for the computer volunteer work Shawn had done for them. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was ideal, but it was the company that was most impressive. We had a wonderful time, and on the way home we stopped and bought Shawn some baseball cards. Last night, Joshua slept through the entire night and didn't even wake up once. I was so pleased since he hadn't slept much at all the evening or day before. :) That was his little gift to us.

Joshua has been delightful all day. This morning I gave him a bath, which was the first time I've ever done that by myself. Since he's now big enough to sit up in the little tub pretty well on his own, it was much easier for me to quickly get him clean and get him dried and dressed. We've also played quite a bit. In these pictures, you'll notice that he's now grabbing at things and moving them on his own, like him "driving" below. Right now he's resting while I am grading case studies (which are boring me out of my mind - thus the break to post on the blog). Beth said that the class did extremely well last night while she was presenting, which is a blessing to me. I do enjoy the jobs I have even though they keep me extremely busy. I am fortunate to be able to teach and write copy while being home with Joshua.

By the way, I love hearing from those of you who read the post. I had a comment from my cousin Janis in Alabama (weird to think that we're cousins since she grew up with my mom) and another one from my former co-worker's grandma. I love hearing from all of you! You don't have to have a google ID to post a comment, simply type your comment and it will show up as "anonymous" but then you can sign your name to it. We love you!

No comments: