Friday, March 2, 2007

Juicy Fruit of the Spirit #4: Patience

Please join me in praying for Joshua to have patience. Proverbs 19:11 says "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." As I was studying patience in the Bible, I realized how much I need to grow in this area. I have been feeling particularly impatient lately. For example, Joshua has just learned how to move his lips and spit everywhere. Yesterday he was having great fun sucking in some Neosure, skipping the swallowing, and spitting it all over himself and me. I did not find this act so thrilling, on the other hand, since I was getting tired of changing the outfits on him and me. But, the first thing the Bible says when defining love is that it is PATIENT. I truly love my little boy, so I need to show him patience as he learns knew things. Thankfully, Shawn is the epitome of patience. I pray that Joshua takes after his daddy in the area of patience and that God will continue to help me grow in that attribute of His Spirit.

I also remembered this song from when I was only three years old and singing in the church's children's choir with my sisters, "Have patience. Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient, you only start to worry. Remember, remember that God has patience, too. Just think of all the times that others had to wait on you."

Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that Joshua will have wisdom and show others patience, being merciful to all just as You have shown us patience. Thank you for helping both of us learn this characteristic of your Holy Spirit, and help us to show this fruit when we are "squeezed." In Jesus' name, AMEN!

Click here to see a video link of Joshua playing with his birdie mat - notice his hand on the birdie occasionally, how much he's moving, and the spitting & blowing bubbles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Val. I just realized that I can post a comment on here even though I don't have a blog spot. I love reading your posts...it's so awesome to hear and see what God is doing in your lives!!! Love you.
Connie