Friday, April 20, 2007

Waiting

The neurosurgeon told mom & Jamie that they scheduled the biopsy for today at noon. Jamie does NOT have to be awake during any of it (praise God since that sounds awful!). Unfortunately, mom's clerk is off today, tomorrow & Monday, so mom has to work. I called her this morning, and she was crying. Please pray for them both.

Tuesday morning I took Joshua to 'LIFT' at Maple Grove with my sister and her kids. It's a Bible study for women, and I think just about everyone there has kiddos. I'm trying to take the Bean out more so he's not overwhelmed at his upcoming dedication, which takes place Sunday April 29th, one day before Jamie's 57th birthday. The theme of this particular Bible Study was God's faithfulness. And, most of the women shared stories of God's faithfulness from help with finances to health to getting pregnant after being declared barren. In the middle of this time, I heard Joshua begin to grunt, then came the red faces and pushing sounds. Everyone giggled. He took the smell of the room to a whole new level, and I was embarassed. But, there were half a dozen other kids about his age in the group, so I just quickly wisked him away to change him, figuring probably everyone in the room had had a similar experience at one point or another. Too bad Shawn's Great Aunt Mildred & Anna weren't there. I was glad I went - God is faithful.

I found out last night that the little girl Virginia that I had been praying for 'went to be with Jesus.' It saddens me to think that something like a broken arm in a 3rd world country can cost you your life, but then I rejoice that she's not suffering and is dancing on the streets of gold with our Lord. God is still faithful, even if the outcome is not what we expect. And, it makes me all the more grateful to live in Lancaster County, PA where the healthcare is unbelievably good.

Here are some pictures of Joshua in the outfit Aunt Missy had for him in his Easter basket (thanks so much!).
We're calmly waiting for the report from today's biopsy...please pray God's grace over the whole situation & family. I called my dad for sympathy for my finger (my sister's husband saw it last night & said he's never seen a smooshed finger look so bad, which freaked me out a little bit) and just told him what was going on. He was actually very comforting, even from another state.

No comments: