Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday, the 13th

Here's an unhappy Bean with a very happy Elmo!

I've finally found a vegetable that Joshua likes - carrots! He's been doing well with eating and now scarfs down his rice cereal like a pro. I don't make it so drippy anymore so it's not quite so messy and it's easier for him to eat. Yesterday, for the first time he grabbed the spoon coming toward his mouth and flung all the rice cereal on it onto himself. He was just curious what it felt like, I guess. He didn't do it again, so I wasn't concerned (other than cleaning him up and laughing with him at how goofy he was). Last night Daddy fed him while I was at class, and Shawn giggled that he kept trying to chew on the tray. He had been trying to chew on his bib for me earlier in the day. I think those teeth should come anytime now! Today was the first time he drank water and didn't act like I was trying to poison him - he seemed to enjoy it. He also loved the carrots - orange nose and all (from me cleaning up his chin and him putting his head down at the same time). There is nothing cuter than a Bean grinning from ear to ear with food on his nose. He ate quite a bit. Hooray!

He also rolled from his back to his belly when he was playing by himself for a few minutes while I was emailing a friend. He didn't roll back over, though, and started to say waabaa-waabaa, which started to sound to me like he meant roll me back over please, mom! We've had a pretty good day. The only thing he does now that's driving me insane is shrieking. He loves his high-pitched voice and loves to absolutely shriek, even when he's happy. He gets to a higher octave than I've ever heard before, and it makes me bonkers. He LOVES it! The spitting thrill is pretty well gone, but this new novelty is way worse. I'm hoping he finds something else soon that is new and exciting and leaves the high pitched voice for when he needs to use it.

He's also been playing with his feet. It's too cold to keep those toes out in the open - one of my students in class last night noted that it was colder on Easter this year than Christmas - but he does grab his feet, which I think is good enough. He's super! I just wish he could sit up on his own so we could play more. I guess in time, with exercise and with prayer.

Today we met Grandma for lunch, which was a nice treat. We're looking forward to a great weekend with Daddy!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

He's getting so big! I can't wait to see him. And his first tooth? WOW! He's gonna love those chompers.

Know anyone who has a Bumbo? It's a cool seat that will help strengthen his core muscles so he learns to sit on his own. We borrowed someones or I'd love to pass it on to you. It totally works. Jude was sitting in no time and went immediately from a sit to a crawl. Check it out!

Stay healthy over the weekend. There are only a few days before we see each other and we can't let anything get in our way! (Not even the impending snow!!!)

Love ya!
Julie