Thursday, April 19, 2007

Seven Months Old & Sadness

Joshua turned seven months old yesterday. In the morning we went to the hospital to visit Jamie & Mom, and my sister Becky rode along with us. Jamie's mom was there, along with his brother, when we got there. The doctor came in & said he has two masses on his brain, and they are running an ungodly amount of tests to see where "they" are coming from, i.e. cancer. After the doctor left, Jamie's mom announced she had brought her Bible and she wanted to read. She said that we're told to give thanks & praise in all circumstances, so she read a Psalm that praised God. She then prayed for Jamie, and they embraced. There wasn't a dry eye in the room, except Joshua, who was drooling instead.We left shortly thereafter, and when I put the stroller in the back of the SUV, I didn't realize that I had released the glass top half of the door with the entire door to the trunk itself. Thus, when I shut it, the top half of the door smashed my finger as it closed. It's black, swollen & hurts worse than I could have ever imagined. I thought part of my finger was in the trunk. Thus, Joshua spent part of the afternoon at my sister Jen's. The finger's so swollen, I'm having a heck of a time with the finger splint we bought @ CVS. And, typing one-handed stinks....
Last night, Shawn, Joshua & I took dinner into my mom, who looked exhausted (whereas Jamie looks better than he has in a little while, but he has a look of fear, too). Jamie's daghter was there, too. They told us he gets a needle biopsy today, where the drill into his skull while he's awake. This will confirm (or not) cancer. They didn't want to operate at this point because of the location. Jamie's weakness is coming from the swelling on the brain around these two masses. Besides the testing, they have him on lots of medicine for swelling & to prevent seizures.
Between my finger & all this surprising news (he's quite young - late 50's - and VERY healthy) & the overwhelming sadness of my mom, I bawled most of the day yesterday and am even teary as I type. Please pray for Jamie - for healing & for peace - and my mom for peace, comfort & strength. I'm also praying that Joshua is good today since I can barely tolerate using my hand. We rejoice over Joshua's 7 month birthday, and I am trying to give thanks & praise in all circumstances....

No comments: