Monday, January 30, 2012

Sleepy Sunday

Our boys keep fighting with us to take naps in the afternoon and even to go to bed. While Joshua may be old enough to go with just quiet time, Caleb is still pretty young yet to skip his nap entirely. Not to mention that I think most little boys should be in bed by 8 and they seldom see sleep at that time. Just like in their "Sleepyhead" book, they ask for one more book, one more snuggle, one more comfy cozy cuddle! One more drink and kiss good night, one more story told just right!

Sunday, January 22, we had a REALLY lazy day. Shawn got some things around the house accomplished, but I couldn't seem to get the lead out. I think we need a day like that once in awhile where you do absolutely nothing. We told the boys that they could have a little video before bed since we haven't watched much TV in general lately. I said to Shawn as we were discussing some things upstairs "The boys are too quiet for my liking. I'd better go check on them." We walked downstairs to this scene - they had both passed out!!! They were SO exhausted! I try so hard to get them on a good schedule and good routine, but sometimes when they fight it they get so tired that they simply can't keep their eyes open.

Is there anything sweeter than seeing a sleeping boy? I love these little faces. :) :) :)
And as the book ends "Tomorrow's play is just ahead, close your eyes and rest your head, it's time to sleep my sleepyhead."

No comments: