Thursday, January 12, 2012

Off to a Great start!

January 2012 is off to a good start! I'm not being very good about keeping up with the blog, but so much demands my time and attention during the day that I don't want to miss anything. I think spending time with Shawn at night is important and often if the boys all nap, I'm either working out or cleaning the house. So, I get to writing when I can. It is important to me, though, to record our memories and share with our family and friends what's happening in our lives.
 
As I mentioned before, the first Tuesday of January was super cold. Joshua went back to preschool, but Study & Share hadn't started yet. Wednesday, Caleb & Joshua both went to preschool, and I took my little Schnook to the doctor's office for a flu shot. Shots are no fun, but necessary for not getting sick. Friday was actually a beautiful day - for it being January, it was relatively warm. The boys insisted on not wearing their heavy coats, and since they were wearing sweatshirts, I didn't make them. Caleb wanted to wear his hat from Aunt Missy that had Lightning McQueen on it. :) :) :) The kids & I went for a walk and had fun playing in the garage.
Saturday morning, I made a breakfast casserole from a recipe that my friend Julie emailed to me. I used our leftover honey-baked ham, farm-fresh eggs I purchased from my friend Tara and cheese. I thought it was delicious. I invited Grandpa Georgia over to enjoy it with us since I knew that he likes breakfast foods and since I knew a 9 x 13 casserole dish would make a lot, and I wasn't sure how much the boys would eat. Grandpa brought over some potatoes that we also cooked on the stove, and I made toast to go with it. The boys showed Grandpa their volcano experiment before he left that morning. I decided to take a picture. I'm realizing that I don't get enough pictures of people we see often.
The weather was so nice that I put the following equation on facebook: 2 beautiful sunny days + 3 beautiful healthy boys = one family of 5 having a lot of fun together! It felt so good to be outside!
That evening, we decided to try "Lickety Split." It's a little ice cream shop/restaurant, the owners of which are distantly related to good friends of mine. Since I hear about it from time to time, I thought it would be neat to check out and get sandwiches. Ryan did AMAZINGLY well there. He was quiet and loved to look around from his high chair.
Caleb always wants to sit next to his friend (and twin!) Daddy. He ate his grilled cheese well.





Joshua usually sits next to me, then, and reminds me that we're friends. Love! The next day we went to Calvary Church. I was glad to hear that they have a rule of a 2:1 ratio of babies under age one to caregiver. So, they only allow as many babies as they have arms for, in essence. Ryan was well cared-for, and the other kids LOVED their classrooms as well. Joshua told me all about Jesus calming the storm, and his craft was really neat. He also liked that he saw friends from preschool in his classroom. Caleb enjoyed his room as well. Shawn & I weren't too sure about the worship, honestly. But, the message was solid. Not outstanding or dynamic but solid in its Biblical truth. We said we want to explore some more, but it was a decent experience. I know people that go there, so it wouldn't be a brand new transition. That said, Shawn noted "I think I got older just sitting there." It is a different age/crowd than what we're used to.  I believe church is important, so please pray with me that we'll find the right one for our family!

On Sunday afternoon, I went shopping with Mom. I always enjoy shopping with her. We went to Kohls and the Children's Place, where she bought the hat for Caleb and Joshua a new pair of jeans and sweater (thanks, Mamaw!). The jeans are my absolute favorite things to wear on the Bean, and the sweater was for our pictures I was having taken the next day. At Kohls, I got myself a pair of slippers. We went to Talbots afterward, and I also got a sweater that I loved (thanks, Mom!). It was a fun afternoon. I also appreciate Shawn's willingness to watch the kids while we shop. It had been a nice first weekend of the month. :)

No comments: