Friday, January 20, 2012

Caleb's Milestone Photo Shoot

On Monday, January 9, I took my three boys to JCPenny's to get their pictures taken. My purpose for the visit was to capture Caleb's 3.5 year birthday. But, I like to get the boys together when I can, and since I have a portrait club membership, it's free to add in the siblings and try to get them all together. This top picture was my favorite of the three boys. How adorable are they?!?!
Ryan did not want to lay on his belly like his brothers. The photographer started him on his belly when it was just the three of them and he frowned. So, she sat him back up and he was fine with that. This picture reminds me, though, that I forgot to put his shoes on him. I was going to change his ugly old socks, and then thought "I'll just wear his cute shoes instead." Not only did I forget the shoes, but I hadn't changed the socks either. WHOOPS!
When I was picking out the boys' outfits, I had no idea what to wear on them. I wanted them to coordinate, and I realized that I had something that would go for two out of three boys. If I had an outfit that Joshua & Caleb looked nice in, I had nothing even remotely close to wear on Ryan. I found something that Joshua & Ryan looked great in, but I didn't have anything that matched for Caleb. It was getting frustrating! So, Mom & I stopped in at Children's Place the day before the photo shoot, and she got Joshua this gray sweater that went perfectly with the other outfits. They all coordinated then. Caleb wore the sweater from the Children's Place we owned from before (originally Joshua's) with a white button-down shirt underneath. Ryan has on a blue hand-me-down sweater from his cousin John from the Children's Place and a white button-down shirt with gray stripes in it (so faint you can't really tell in the pictures) with gray pants. Joshua wore the button-down shirt we had purchased to go underneath Caleb's sweater that has the same blue in the checkered pattern with a plain gray sweater on top. I think they all looked so cute! I wish I (or the picture taker) would have noticed Caleb's white shirt sleeve hanging out a bit too much. And, I also am annoyed I didn't think to take off my watch!
When we got there, the photographer took a couple of me with the boys since I was already holding Ryan. The baby was happy being with his mama and got him comfortable in the environment. I'm glad to have pictures of me with the kids. I'm often the one taking the pictures, so it's nice to have me with my little loves!

Then, to make sure that Ryan would stay happy for the photos, she moved on to do the three boys together. Part of me wishes she would have done one of them in the birth order. I was assuming that Caleb with his stripes would be in between the two brothers in solids. But, it really doesn't matter. They turned out well, and I love how inexpensive they are. :)











After she captured the three boys, she went on to get ones of just Caleb, and he hammed it up for the camera. The boys are both at the ages now where they squint and give you a fake smile when you ask them to say cheese. So, she worked at saying weird things to try to make them laugh and give genuine smiles. It's tough!








I especially like the serious ones of Caleb. What I wouldn't give to have his eye lashes! He has the most beautiful eyes and longest eye lashes I've ever seen!






I like the one of him above if it weren't turned at a strange angle. But, his expression is dear! He has a real smile in the one below, too, but I don't like seeing his big ol' feet in it! (I think he's gone up another sneaker size already. He's officially wearing the newer sneakers we have now!)
This one was PRICELESS. That is SO a face he makes. I LOVE the mischievous look. Adorable!
I ordered the one of him standing on the right. That is definitely his stance and his grin. How I love my little Caleb Luke! Such a great kiddo all around! He and his brothers are awesome to me! I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world. :)






When we were done with the photo shoot portion, the photographer (one of my very favorite, Audra or Audrey - wish I knew for sure which it was!) did some of the collections that are higher priced. I love them, too.




It was a great experience overall. The kids were well-behaved, and I got some nice pictures. :) :) :)

No comments: