Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy 7-month birthday, Ryan Josiah!

On Saturday, January 7, Ryan Josiah turned seven months old. I think his looks are starting to really change. He is such a handsome little guy!
Ryan is extremely talkative. I MUST get a video of him gabbing. He sticks his tongue out at times and says "ah-blah-bah-bah." At times, it sounds like he's saying "da-da-da" and Shawn is sure that he's talking about or to him. He certainly does love his Daddy already!
Ryan has extremely grabby little hands! He'll pull on the table cloth as we're eating if we're holding him, or he even tried to grab a bit of lettuce off the table when we were eating salads last night. We have to be SO careful about what's near him these days! Everything goes into his mouth, of course. He loves to pull off his socks and chew on them. I take them from him and put them back on, unless they're too wet - in which case, I get another pair. Silly Schnook!
Ryan hates hats and detests being bundled up. But, in this weather, it's a must, I'm afraid. He always tries to pull off the hat, and in doing so, pulls it down over his eyes. Oh, fiesty baby! Just leave it on so your little ears and head are warm!
Ryan is eating stage 2 foods, and he LOVES peaches (which my other boys didn't) but hates green beans (which my other boys liked). He will spit them right out, and he likes to talk as he eats, which is a bit of a mess. But, I'm enjoying this stage because I know how fast it goes! We have also started him on baby puffs, and he likes those. But, at times they simply go on the floor.
Ryan has two bottom teeth to date, but there's one on the side next to the last one that just came in that is swollen; and I think it will probably come in soon. No signs of his top teeth yet!
He typically takes a morning nap at 10 am. He'll sleep anywhere from half an hour to an hour. In the afternoon, he'll take a 1-2 hour nap. And he sleeps well at night, going to bed by 8 and sleeping through until 7ish, but often wakes up once. Many times when he wakes up, he'll find his thumb to suck on and fall right back to sleep. Other times he'll keep crying, so I go and feed him and put him back to bed. Thankfully, once fed he falls right back to sleep!
Ryan is really easygoing overall. He is my first child that seems to enjoy bath time (Caleb does now but didn't so much as a baby.) He likes to sit up and play and he likes to be held, especially if you'll walk him around and let him look out rather than cuddle in. He loves for us to be his feet so he can explore the world around him. He looks around and takes everything in.
Ryan now has a VERY high-pitched squeal when he's not happy. It is like nails on a chalkboard to us. When he is fussy but not hurt and not "in need," this unhappy shriek comes out of his mouth incessantly. This is often when he's tired or tired of being in the same position or tired of the activity we're doing. I know that this too shall pass! Daddy hears it every night when he comes home from work because that's Ryan's UNhappy hour.  But, generally, he's a very good baby.

He's beginning to look thinner to me, and even Shawn said that his legs are thinner than they used to be. He wears some 6-9 month things, but I mostly have him in 9 or 12 month clothing.

My little Schnook will still fall backwards or sideways if he gets too interested in a toy and starts to topple over. He hasn't learned to put his hands down yet. So, I'm trying to work with him on reaching and on stabilizing. He hasn't even tried to pull up to standing yet or crawl, and I'm okay that he just sits right now and can't get into more. I love this baby stage where he's all personality and yet still relatively safe!

Happy 7-months, my Schnook-a-lou! I love you!

No comments: