Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Snow of 2012

On Saturday, January 21, we woke up to snow on the ground. The boys were SO excited! Joshua has been begging to do a snowball battle since before Christmas. Here was his chance! I loved this picture below of the two of them so excited to play outside.
Shawn got a head start on us going out so he could shovel our driveway and a path out the back. Our dear neighbor Paul had already snowblowed our sidewalks. We are so blessed to live next to them!
I dug out all the snow pants, boots, etc. and helped pile up the layers on the boys. For having snowed, it was actually pretty warm outside, believe it or not. It was the perfect weather for playing!!!
I asked Shawn to help build a snowman, but it wasn't great packing snow. It was very fluffy and powdery. So, we skipped it. I came out along to get pictures of our creations before heading back into Ryan, who was napping sweetly in his crib. I laid down and made the first snow angel.
Joshua thought this was cool, so he made one next. LOVE him! :)
Daddy finally agreed to make one as well, and he pulled Caleb back onto him. I loved this picture. My boys are so great!
The boys loved to slide down the slides.
But as you can see from Caleb's hand, a snowball battle soon began!
We had a blast. We told the boys that we weren't to get any snow in faces, please aim for coats. Caleb still accidentally got one from Joshua when he turned around at an inopportune time. But, he was fine, and they laughed and laughed.
Typically, we just throw snowballs against the house, as you can see from the picture below. I love playing outside with the boys! It was a fun morning!
And I'm thankful for my husband who came out with us since he was at home. Sometimes weekend snow is fun!
 I came in before the boys to check on a still-sleeping Ryan. When he woke up, I fed him. :) Then to further our celebrations, we went to Friendly's for the free fribbles they were offering for customer appreciation day. We ran into our neighbors from across the street getting theirs as well! Shawn surprised me by saying that we should stay and eat dinner there with a coupon we had. We've been trying to save money and not eat out, so this was a special treat. :) :) :)
 Later that night, we played "four-player Wii" as the boys always beg us to do. Joshua is Mario, Caleb is Luigi, Daddy's the "yellow guy" (no idea who that is?) and I'm the "blue guy" (again, if they have names, I'm not sure what they are. The kids have fun getting to new levels when we play with them.
Eventually it was time for baths and bed. It had been a fun and fairly relaxing Saturday.

No comments: