Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Saying 'Grace' - Blessing & Thanks!

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day this year. That morning, my sister Jen called and asked me to go to the gym with her. I said YES! It was a beautiful day, and I was planning on going for a run. But checking out a jazzercise/zumba/shazam class sounded like even more fun! I raced to her house and we were off to Universal. The class was GREAT! I wish we could afford a gym membership where the kids could go play in the kid-mazium while we exercised. Since it was a special class for a special day, there were multiple instructors and most of it was dance-oriented. SO fun! The room was packed, but there was still enough space to move. At the end, they had raffle prizes, and I won one! :) :) :) It was a great morning!

When I got home, I raced to make the sweet potato casserole. While it baked, I fed Ryan and got a quick shower and we raced out the door to go to Jen's for lunch. I was SO blessed not to be hosting this year. While I've hosted in the past at times, it is a TON of work. It was so nice to go to someone else's house. Her kiddos had made personalized place mats for us the day before. We feasted on turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, salad, dinner rolls and pumpkin pie. It was all very good.

Ryan got fussy while we were there, so we ended up leaving so that the boys could nap. Then Shawn & I talked about the logistics of going to Nonie & Poppy's house, and we agreed that it made sense for me to stay home with the baby since he was already fussy (his tooth popped through over the weekend). Much to my surprise, Shawn had also recorded the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that morning while I was out. So, as I was cleaning up the house and holding the baby, I watched some of it in the background. While I missed the turkey at dinnertime, I had leftover salad when I got hungry. And when the boys came home that night, I was so glad to see everyone! We watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving specials together before putting them to bed.

It was a really nice day! I'm thankful for so many things - for God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit; for my incredible husband; for our amazing boys; for our extended family; for our health; for our stuff; and for our abundant blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: