Sunday, November 20, 2011

Little Turkeys

On Tuesday, November 15, Joshua's preschool had its Thanksgiving Day Program. The programs were held all week, but the school did three classes at a time, and Joshua's class happened to be scheduled for the same time as my Bible study. It ended up working out well because Caleb & Ryan were both in their classes so I could enjoy Joshua perform with his classmates. Mamaw also came that morning to see him. Here he is entering and giving me five! He was SO excited to see us, I could tell. :)
They said their Bible memory verse (John 3:16) and performed three songs. One of them was the same as last year "Hello, Mr. Turkey, how are you?" and there was a new adorable one sung to the same song as we sing grace that went "Thank you, Mom and Dad, thank you, Mom and Dad, for your love, for your love, Mom and Dad for kisses, Mom and Dad for hugs, we love YOU, yes we do!" So sweet!
I loved the little turkey hats and seeing the kids perform. Joshua has a sweet little singing voice, and I love to hear it and watch him in his class. I'm glad that I'm able to go to see him and his activities - it is truly a blessing!









After his performance, all the families were invited downstairs for snacks and to see the classroom. I first went and picked up Ryan and thanked the ladies who took care of him profusely. I had asked the woman in charge if it would be okay to leave the other kiddos in their classrooms for this short performance, and she said that was absolutely fine. I was glad! I was also thankful that Mamaw remembered her camera because in all my business of getting ready that morning, I completely forgot. So, thank you, for these pictures, Mom!
 
After we were done snacking, we took a couple more pictures and then went to get Caleb Luke from his classroom.

We then went to look at the boys' school pictures.



As we were heading out, I took a picture of Mamaw with the older boys (I had already put my little Schnookie in his car seat and stroller combo). Thanks for coming along, Mamaw!
Since Shawn wasn't able to join us that day, I told Joshua he needed to make sure and put on his hat and necklace for Daddy that night and perform his songs. He agreed!
Shawn & I love that the kids sing and dance. What precious gifts they are to us! I wasn't able to see Joshua show Daddy since I taught class that evening, but I'm sure he did a great job, just like he did at preschool. Happy gobble gobble, my little turkey!



No comments: