Wednesday, November 9, 2011

99 Red Balloons or 99 Babies?

The things our boys say crack us up! I don't always have time to write them down and often I forget about them (unfortunately!) by the time I have a moment. Here's a recent one from the Bean. At preschool, one of the 'crafts' displayed is about each child's family. Joshua's has a piece that says "My Family." I didn't even recognize that the rest of them didn't, but Mrs. Zimmerman said he insisted on putting another piece for a sibling on. She corrected him in saying "You don't have that many brothers" and just turned it into a label for him, while he wrote the rest of our names. He often tells me that he wants one more baby. If that happens for our family, it will be a true miracle!
He will be such a good daddy some day, I always tell him! He is so loving, gentle and sweet with other kids in general but babies in particular. He told us as we were playing games as a family in our office that he thinks we should have 99 babies. And, if we did have 99 babies, we'd better go buy some more beds. Then, he looked around and said "But, if we did have 99 babies, while we'd need to get more beds, I think we'd probably have enough toys." Shawn and I howled! Yes, probably true. That said, Joshua has a long list of Christmas items he'd like Santa to buy him. Maybe it's time to donate gently-loved toys to make room for new age-appropriate items as they are growing. :)

No comments: