Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy 62-month, Joshua!

I keep asking Joshua how he's gotten so big... how is it that he's turned into such a fine young man already? His response is that he's had so many birthdays! It's true! He's celebrated 62 birthdays (if you go by months). And each and every month, I remember to thank God that Joshua is alive and with us. He is such a blessing! He is truly growing into a great kid. Shawn & I often comment on how obedient he is and how much he helps us. It's incredible to see the transformation that has taken place from a toddler into a boy who I believe is ready for school. He has demonstrated incredible responsibility and learning in just the last year or so! And within the past few weeks, I have seen that he is truly the BIG NUMBER 5!

Shawn has been teaching him to think through things rather than get frustrated (oh, how my Bean has my personality!). Shawn reminds him to stay calm and really think about a problem to come up with a solution. It has been impressive to see Joshua stop in the middle of getting upset and think about how it works and then come up with a better way to attack a situation.

Joshua loves school, and his teacher said to me recently: "Joshua is a great boy with
a wonderful smile. I can tell he likes to learn and enjoys the different activities in the classroom." My Bean does enjoy learning and doing different crafts and activities. I love when he comes home and gives me a play-by-play of what they've accomplished that day. He loves the singing and dancing! He also seems to like the most wild boys the best. The other day, I suggested that he play with a couple different kiddos, whose parents I know. He said, "Mommy, it's okay for you to like who you like, and I can like who I like." I thought about it, and he's right. While I can guide him to make good choices, I also want him to be a light to his friends. And these children may need a light the most. So, I pray for Joshua to be strong and keep his good character and raise up the other boys around him!
Joshua is one of the kindest little boys I have ever met. He is so sweet to baby Ryan. I can never imagine him intentionally hurting another child, even their feelings. When we watched a movie where children were making fun of another kid, he told me that that's not nice. He is so loving and gentle! How I pray that that sweet spirit is protected as he grows!

Joshua is also funny. Daddy was doing something and said "Whew! After this I may need a beer!" Joshua heard him and said "Yes, and I'll get you a mustache with that beard!" Haaaa!!!! You can tell how many beers he's ever seen in his life. So funny! He always provides comic relief to our family. We love him so very much!

He's become quite amazing at the Wii, he's doing better and better with his writing skills, I can tell that his artistic abilities are increasing with his cutting and drawing, and he is able to communicate his ideas more and more. There are times that I say "wow!" to what he knows. He still loves Bible stories and remembers the details of many. How I hope that he'll grow up with a strong relationship with the Lord!

Happy 62-month birthday, Joshua Bean! No matter how old you get, you will always be my baby!

No comments: