Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feeling Thankful

The walls of Calvary Preschool are decorated with art from the various classes. I always love to see what's new and get ideas of things to do with the boys (particularly if it's from different classes). And, of course, I always look to see the artwork of my children proudly displayed. This month, there are two different displays from Mrs. Zimmerman's class. The one that I found most amusing was on thankfulness. Each child obviously wrote their name at the top and then filled in the blank for "I am thankful for..." and then drew a picture of that item. I snapped a picture of a few that I found to be cute or not duplicates. Many of the children said they were thankful for their parents:
Another couple said they were thankful for God. The picture I took was fuzzy, unfortunately. One little girl said she was thankful for french fries! Her picture below looks like a McD's box to me!
Likewise, another boy said he was thankful for McDonald's in general. Look at how well he drew those golden arches! That is advertising and branding at its finest that a five-year-old finds it to be his most special thing to give thanks for and can draw the symbol related to it.
My sister's neighbor said he was thankful for Christmas and has a lovely tree. I think we're starting to get into the spirit already!
So, when I saw Joshua's picture, I laughed out loud! Joshua is thankful for... JOSHUA! Drawing and all, he is thankful for himself. I'm thankful for Joshua, too, and tell him all the time. :) :) :) Shawn also smiled and said he likes that the Bean has "self confidence" or something to that effect. So cute!

No comments: