Sunday, October 30, 2011

That Bounce Place

 
On Friday, October 21, I had plans to go with the Garner's to "That Bounce Place" which opened fairly recently in Granite Run. We love "Bounce U" in Annville, so I was excited to check out this new one. I will say that I think it's nicer that Annville allows parents to bounce with their kiddos for free, BUT the drive is not nearly as nice. When we saw a Living Social deal for two hours of bouncing and a hot dog for $5, we bought two of them, one for each kiddo. Then I saw on the website that Friday mornings are reserved for "preschool bounce" and only children five and under are allowed on the equipment. I thought that was a PERFECT time to go. My friend Julie posted on facebook that she also bought a living social deal, and I suggested we go together. Jude is being homeschooled and doesn't have online classes on Fridays, so she agreed that this was also a great day for her family.
We were to meet there at 10 am, and she got there about a quarter after with a fireman costume for Joshua to borrow (thanks so much!). We went inside and got our bouncing wristbands for the kiddos. Then Caleb said he had to go potty first. So, that was my kids' first stop. Then they bounced away! Instead of it being two rooms like Bounce U, it's one room, but it's sort of divided awkwardly, so it's a little more difficult to see the kids than it should be. We walked back and forth, back and forth, with Ryan being very content in his car seat and stroller combo.
The kids LOVED it! They climbed up the big slide and kept coming down. Unlike the other place, there were no sacks to go down on. So, they could keep going over and over and over again. There also wasn't anyone monitoring the activity (maybe it's just for preschool bounce days since all the parents are there to watch the behavior?). I liked that there were workers at Bounce U to monitor children's behavior; on the other hand, most of the mamas were keeping a good eye that morning, and most of the children were very well behaved, especially this young.
I loved Kate's face in the above picture. My camera - even on the pets & kids setting - could not keep up with how fast they would come down the slide. I was trying to get her mid-slide and ended up snapping when she was getting up with a big cheese on her face!
Ryan is SUCH a good baby! I love that he's typically content and allows me time to spend with my other boys in fun atmospheres. I also LOVE his stroller/car seat combo. Thank you, Kristen, for your old car seat and thank you, Craig's List, for the stroller!
Jude & Kate slid down together. They were having fun! I thought Joshua was "cutting covenant" with Jude at the one point when he looked at him and said "Jude, wherever you go, I'll go!" I laughed and looked at Julie and said "you're people will be my people." :) :) :)
The kids bounced and climbed and played and were WORN OUT by the time we left. I'm glad they had water fountains because they would get a break to get a drink and were HOT!
Since our coupons came with a hot dog, just before noon I said we should go get lunch (our wristbands had 12:20 written on them - which was when our two hours was up). Julie hadn't gotten the hot dog special but instead got the seven-bounce pass. Her kids were hungry, though, so she decided to buy a whole pizza (which was cheaper than buying individual slices).
I ordered first, and the woman said "Whoops! We only have one hot dog left and you have two tickets. Would either of your kids like a slice of pizza instead? If not, we can make another package of hot dogs." I asked them, and Joshua said "Hot dog" while Caleb said "Pizza." Perfect! I paid for a drink for me, and I gave Julie $2 toward the entire pizza so I could have a slice (which is what slices there cost, roughly). Then Julie ordered her pizza, and they said "Whoops! We just gave a slice away out of it" (Caleb's). She said "We could make another whole pizza, but it will be 20 minutes or we could knock a couple bucks off this pizza and give you the seven slices that are left." PERFECT! So, we got our lunches and I paid for two juice boxes and we sat down and enjoyed our lunch.

At that moment, though, I realized that the place that had been relatively full was completely empty. Did it close at noon typically (after all, 10 am to noon would be two hours of bounce if you got there right when it opened!)? I had no idea. But, the workers were SO NICE! No one kicked us out. They didn't make a big deal about the food. They let us enjoy our lunch there and we left when we were finished. I would say they were extremely friendly. It was a nice morning out!
We all had a great time. It is definitely somewhere I would go again. The kids had a blast, and I love that they have "preschool" mornings so I don't have to bounce with them or leave Ryan. At some ages, I think an adult is needed to save their kids or help them climb. But, my older two boys can handle themselves and are kind to other children. I am thankful that they are well-behaved generally!
Thanks, Garners, for a fun morning! We'll have to go again sometime!

No comments: