Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Sick Lil' Buddy

On Friday, October 14, I was supposed to meet my friend Valerie and have a play date with her kiddos. But, that morning Caleb woke up, went downstairs and drank some water and promptly threw up all over the kitchen table. I felt so bad that he was so sick! We took Daddy to work, and as soon as we got home, Caleb began again to vomit, this time he was in my kitchen so I took him to the sink and he threw up on the side with the garbage disposal. I knew I didn't have time to get him up the stairs to the potty when he was in mid-barf, but I was SO thankful that I got him to an area that was relatively easy to clean up. God certainly has given me an extra dose of grace as a mom when Daddy has been out of commission. My clean-up that morning was easy, and Caleb was simply low-key that day. I canceled all our plans, and I just held him. But, at times when I needed to hold Ryan, Caleb was content to watch some TV and have an easy day.

That afternoon, Caleb told me he was STARVING! I debated - to feed or not to feed him? I gave him small sips of water that stayed down. Then I offered him a couple bites of apple sauce. It stayed down. So, I gave him a piece of toast. That stayed down as well. So, I knew we were in the clear when he kept asking for more and more and said "my mouth doesn't hurt anymore! my belly's NOT ouchy anymore!" I stuck with the B.R.A.T diet the rest of the day (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) just to make sure, but he seemed completely normal and like himself and playing by that evening. Praise GOD! And I'm also extra thankful that no one else got sick!

No comments: