Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Fair Friday

On Friday, September 30, the first thing on our to-do list was drop a meal off for my friend Tara. The boys & I drove to Leola and her kiddos showed mine their new kittens and their chickens. I couldn't believe that this family does gardening and raises chickens to get fresh eggs and teach their children that chicken comes from animals, etc. She told me that they (her and her husband) grew up on farms and this was important to them. She also told me about the Lampeter Fair that was happening that week and that we should check it out. Another friend had emailed me that morning and told me that they were going to the Lampeter Fair. Then I saw another set of friends talking about it on facebook.
So, after I left this sweet family (and they recognized the CD we had playing called "Hide 'em in your hearts"), I called Aunt Jen to see what she and her youngest two were doing that day. I said that I would drive if she wanted to check out the fair for lunch and to see what was around. She said it sounded like fun, so after I fed my little Ryan we got back in the minivan and she put a car seat in the back for Daniel. We already had an extra one in for Caleb, and John took his front seat. We were off!
It wasn't really what I was expecting, but the kids still enjoyed it. We got lunch there, and it was pretty expensive and not all that exciting (in my opinion). The line for the chicken corn soup looked long, and there weren't funnel cakes (a fair favorite!) but we found something that we all liked. After lunch, Joshua told me he had to go potty, and so did the other two oldest boys, so I took all three of them while John & Ryan stayed behind with Aunt Jen in my double stroller.

We did see some animals like the pigs above and the boys got to pet this sheep. We also saw some old cars.
And the boys LOVED these tractors that they could climb on and check out! It was a beautiful day!




It was nice to get out and do something different. I haven't been as "adventurous" since the addition of a third little guy, but it's still important to me to try new things with the boys. Thanks for coming along, Aunt Jen!

No comments: