Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Dirty Joke...

Wanna hear a dirty joke? A pig fell in the mud... this picture above is something Caleb created in his preschool class with chocolate pudding. His teacher told me that he was hesitant to get messy at first (my son?!?!) but that once she convinced him it was okay to put his fingers in it, he kept eating it! He'd scoop it onto his finger but did NOT want to put it on the paper when it was chocolate. He'd go right to his mouth. Then he'd "try again" and eat more! Haaaa!!! I laughed - that's my boy! Some eventually made it onto his craft. :) He's been singing "Old McDonald" for over a week now since last week was 'farm week' for him.
Joshua's preschool theme last week was "fire safety." Here's a picture of the hat he made. He loves a kid in his class named Spencer. I think this boy is a bit wild, but I think that's the attraction for Joshua. That said, the other day as we were leaving preschool, Spencer went to take off running and Joshua pulled him back and said "No, we have to make good choices. I have to hold onto the stroller with my mom - why don't you walk with me?" I was sincerely impressed that Joshua was able to influence this boy to walk with him and do the right thing rather than run away from his parents in a crowded place. I told the Bean what a great job he did, and I made sure to praise him in front of Daddy that evening. My prayer is that Joshua will be a light to the world in making 'good choices' his entire life, stemming from his relationship with Jesus! Please pray for the boys even now, knowing that they will face many challenges in this world!

No comments: