Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feeling Chicken?

Joshua was SO excited to be a chicken for his preschool farm party. The day before, we tried on his new costume (thanks again, Mom, for your generosity!). It fit him well. He was all smiles! He even showed Daddy the minute he got home.




Mrs. Zimmerman had asked if I would be willing to come in and take a class picture for her. I agreed. Caleb played with some of the toys in the room while he patiently waited for me to be done. I was surprised at how late some parents drop off their preschoolers! But, eventually everyone was there and we got a couple nice shots. In the meantime, I watched as Joshua made his craft with Mrs. Perez (you can see he's pasting chicks together below) and then he went over to Mrs. Zimmerman's table to color "Fenton Fox" and write the letter "F" on the paper. Then he got to trace the letter "F" with his finger prints and ink.

When he got home that day, he told me all about preschool. He said they played a game of cat and mouse, they did some other farm activities, and he sang me some of their songs. It sounded like he had a blast! He also has a new little friend named Spencer that he seems to really like. I don't know this child well, so I'm hoping to be able to see their interaction as the year goes on.
Caleb & I played with puzzle books and read some while Joshua was in preschool that day. He also helped me bake some brownies because we were taking a meal to a friend the following day. We were originally going to have a little buddy come home with us since a girlfriend had asked me to watch her son that afternoon. But, her plans changed and she didn't need me after all. Since I prepare for school while the kiddos nap, that worked out okay. We had a nice day all around. I loved my little handsome chicken! And his brothers and Daddy!

No comments: