Monday, June 7, 2010

Turning the big 3-0!

At first I was just going to turn 29 for a second time. Why not, while you can still get away with it? But, as I continued reading about how many important folks in the Bible started their most crucial steps in life at age 30, I realized that turning 29 once again was not what God had in store for me. In fact, it reminded me of the Israelites going 'around the mountain' for years before getting to the Promised Land. Because they wouldn't look to God and what He had for them, they continued to journey in a circle before finally reaching their destination. In fact, the first generation didn't even get to see their true destiny. I don't want that to be said of me. So, no going around the mountain for years for this girl. I'm ready to realize whatever God has in store for my life, and I'm at the prime age to do so!

The last day of my 20s I spent cleaning the entire house. After all, cleanliness is next to godliness right? (Just kidding!) But I do enjoy the feeling that everything is done - the laundry was put away, the floors were mopped, the bathrooms scrubbed, etc, etc. I also took the boys out to swim in our little pool, which they love! I also got some cups and some items to pour, etc, to give them more to play with in there. To watch them slide and swim and pour is enjoyment in and of itself. I put a shirt on Caleb and sunscreen on both boys to make sure they didn't get any more sun while I myself was hoping for more tan. :) :) :)
Friday evening, we were planning on going to 'First Friday' in Lancaster City for the art exhibits, cool shops, and outdoor dining. Unfortunately right when we left, it poured. So, we ended up eating at Carrabba's, one of my favorite restaurants. While I enjoyed the food, I was up all night long with heartburn and a queezy stomach thereafter. It literally kept me awake most of the night. I woke up at 1:04 am on the dot and realized "it's official; I'm really 30." My heart sank. I know it's just a number. And yet as I'd been jogging this week, my knees were starting to ache in taking the pounding. But, I'm reminding myself that truly, the best is yet to come.
When I got out of bed Saturday morning, Shawn let me go for my typical run to and through the park and back. Then he took these pictures of me afterward in my jogging outfit before we took the boys swimming again. After we were done laying out and playing in the pool, we got showered and dressed. Shawn also gave me a lot of amazing gifts from him and the boys. They were all amazing but my favorites included a new chronological Bible, a Bible highlighter, an apron to cook in, a new perfume I had mentioned liking, some hair ties, a reclining beach chair, tweezers, and a gift card to go shopping.
Since I hadn't been feeling well, I passed on the offer for breakfast from Dad and hadn't eaten anything all day. Since Shawn knew I hadn't slept well and hadn't eaten, he bought me a frappe that afternoon when he was running errands for the caffeine and sugar and meanwhile my mom came over to see me for a little and put a snap in my new dress to keep it from being too revealing. Then we started getting ready for our evening... and what an evening it was! More on that to come...

No comments: