Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun Books

In honor of Caleb now finishing his 30 books today, I thought I'd post a couple that we thought were particularly fun to read together. Since these are part of the Lancaster County Library system, if you're reading this and are local to this area (and if you have kids in this age range), these are great books to borrow!

Baby Bear's Books by Jane Yolen is a new favorite of Caleb's. In fact, I think we're going to buy it for his birthday since he won't part with it and we soon have to return it. This was probably my favorite, too. I love books that rhyme, and this one reminded me of my boys.

Sometimes I'm Bombaloo by Rachel Vail was absolutely adorable and just so true! I loved it, and the boys both ask for it over and over again. We'll soon be returning it. :(

Duck Skates by Lynne Berry was also cute, especially if you'd read it in the winter.

I Love You Because You're You by Liz Baker is really a sweet, heartwarming book that we own. But, it's just too cute not to list here.

How Many How Many How Many by Rick Walton was an interesting book that the Bean & I enjoyed reading. I'd recommend it, too.
And yet another one for going over the alphabet was "Happy Tails: Earl and Pearl on the Farm" by Cindy & Kirby Pringle. Caleb lost interest early on, but I thought the puns in this one were comical, and Joshua liked the pictures and picking out the letters.

Last on my list was Cowboy Slim. Again, it was more because of the poems in it and a good cowboy book is hard to find. It wasn't a favorite of the boys, but I thought it was fun to read to them.

Happy summer reading!!!

No comments: